(Shirt: Kohls, Sweater: Costco, Jeans: Old Navy, Boots: JcPenney)
I've felt like making a list of the most important things I've learned about life so far. So I've made a list of beautiful quotes of those lessons that I thought you might all enjoy.
- "I hate the phrase “Hurt people hurt people.” I understand it. And it ‘makes sense’ but aren’t we all hurt? Don’t we all have “something”? At what point, do you decide that you’re not going to use the master’s tools? At what point do you say, I’ve been hurt, I refuse to inflict pain. I refuse to send more hurt people out into the universe. At what point do you stop the cycle? People do it. It can be done. It’s not a matter of “Your blues ain’t like mine”. We all could point to something big in our lives and say, “This is why I’m mean.” Or “this is why I made you cry because someone made me cry once.” That’s not ok. Never ok. I can’t excuse bad behaviour anymore. I can’t be ok with being hurt because someone (that wasn’t me) hurt you once. No. Nobody deserves it. You didn’t deserve to be hurt. But I sure as hell don’t deserve to pay for the people that hurt you once upon a time."
- "The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything."
- "Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense."
- "There is nothing wrong with loving the crap out of everything. Negative people find their walls. So never apologize for your enthusiasm. Never. Ever. Never."
- "In three words, I can sum up everything I have learned about life. It goes on."
- "The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off."
- So we don’t look at the troubles we have now; rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen. For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever.”
- "You are not your bra size, nor are you the width of your waist, nor are you the slenderness of your calves. You are not your hair color, your skin color, nor are you a shade of lipstick. Your shoe size is of no consequence. You are not defined by the amount of attention you get from males, females, or any combination thereof. You are not the number of sit-ups you can do, nor are you the number of calories in a day. You are not your mustache. You are not the hair on your legs. You are not a little red dress. You are no amalgam of these things. You are the content of your character. You are the ambitions that drive you. You are the goals that you set. You are the things that you laugh at and the words that you say. You are the thoughts you think and the things you wonder. You are beautiful and desirable not for the clique you attend, but for the spark of life within you that compels you to make your life a full and meaningful one. You are beautiful not for the shape of the vessel, but for the volume of the soul it carries." Still working on this one.
Yes, this outfit post is cruddy. I apologize. One of those days, you know?