About two years ago, I turned 17. That both feels like an eternity ago and just yesterday.
In honor of being halfway through college, I thought I'd write a little post about the ten things I would tell seventeen year old, senior in high school Amanda.
1) Things will go in no way like you planned for the next two years. Some of it good, some not. Either way, accept it. I know you're need for having everything planned out will make you want to panic but don't. Things will fall into place how they are supposed to be.
2) Relationships are hard. Both romantic and otherwise. Harder than you thought. You'd probably laugh at that considering how hard they already have been but trust me, that's only the tip of the iceberg. Don't let it discourage you. Let go of the ones that want to leave and thank God for the ones that never leave your side.
3) Your hair is really long. Stop thinking it isn't. You're being silly.
4) I know you like to give trust out like pieces of gum but be a little more careful.
5) Soak up every minute of high school because before you know it, you'll be missing it.
6) Don't eat everything in sight because you're bored/sad/stressed. It ends up catching up with you, unfortunately.
7) Just trust God. It may seem like the hardest thing to do at times but it will always always always work out for the best with Him.
8) Live in the moment you are. The future will come eventually so don't let the present pass you by.
9) Love yourself. I can't stress it enough.
10) Listen to what you know it's right. It will pay off in the long run.
What do you wish you could tell yourself when you were in senior year of high school?