dress: Kohls, shoes: Old Navy, kimono: Target
Last year around this time, I made a list of 20 things I wanted to accomplish before 21.
Let's see how well or terribly I did:
Volunteer on a consistent basis- I now volunteer with Store to Door and love it. Graduate with a bachelors degreeDone! Kick some GRE butt!Well I got a decent score so counts for me!
- Go rock climbing (carrying this one on from the last list)
- Find a church community to be a part of again
- Lose some inches (I'm not really looking to lose very much weight but just get to where I feel most comfortable and toned)
Learn to properly make/edit a videoI actually started a YouTube channel!
- Throw a dinner party in my new apartment
- Spend less money on coffee
Take Christmas pictures with JacobI mean we took one so that works!
- Go ice skating
Find a job I love to do until I start graduate school (hopefully 2015)Well I got into graduate school so that's kind of a job ;) Get into a graduate programI got into two this year! Do a 2-3 day cleanse Get a kittenUnfortunately he passed away shortly after :(
- Buy my first piece of furniture on my own
- Buy myself one really nice, quality piece of clothing I would normally not purchase due to the price
Complete the 100 pushup challenge Make a dish I've never made before Reconnect with someone I've lost touch with
12 out of 20. Not too bad, I'd say!
Some of the highlights of this year included:
-Graduating from college with a 3.84 GPA at the age of 20
-Getting into two graduate programs before I turned 21
-Visiting Washington DC on a whim
-Planned another vacation with my family and the mister
-Did some cool things fitness wise
-Had my best friend come visit me from Colorado
It's been one of those crazy years where you make some terrible choices that you end up being so grateful for because of how much you learn from them. Overall, 20 was truly one of my favorite years despite the ups and downs and I can't wait to see how much 21 brings.