Buying a Wedding Dress!
If you're anything like me, you've been dreaming about your wedding dress since you were a little girl. Although wedding dress shopping can be extremely exciting, it can also be overwhelming and stressful. Here are my top tips to make buying your wedding dress more enjoyable!
- Have an idea of what you want but don't be so stuck on it that you won't try other things. When I went to try on wedding dresses I had a lot of styles that I liked but I thought I knew exactly what I'd walk out with in the end. To my surprise, a lot of the styles I loved so much in pictures were not at all what I imagined when I walked out of the dressing room. Have some ideas but be flexible and try on things outside of that as well.
- Take the people you want to take. The people you take wedding dress shopping can make or break the experience for you. So don't force yourself to take people dress shopping simply because you "think" you should or you don't want them to feel left out. At the end of the day, you need to feel comfortable in order to make this big decision.
- Wear comfortable clothes. One of my biggest worries before going to buy my wedding dress was deciding what I should wear. For me, I knew would feel slightly uncomfortable changing in front of a stranger so I made sure to wear underwear that was as covered up as I could (boy shorts for example). I also made sure to wear a dress so that the getting dressed and undressed process was as easy as possible.
- Don't be afraid to say no. With so many different opinions and preferences coming from those you brought as well as your stylist, it can be hard to speak up and say no to a dress that others may be pushing on you. In the end, you are buying YOUR wedding dress and you need to stick up for what you want.
- Don't be afraid to go back and try on a dress again. For me, I completely left the bridal shop I ended up buying my dress at, went to another shop, and came back to the original shop. If you can't get a dress off your mind, don't be afraid to go back and try it on again!
I hope these tips helped you and that you find the dress of your dreams! Happy wedding dress buying!