7 Unexpected Wedding Expenses
1) Any beauty treatments in preparation for the big day: We often remember to account for getting our nails done the day before the wedding and hair & makeup the day of but we forget to account for the pampering leading up to the big day. That fresh hair trim, the spray tan, all of those will add up in the end.
2) Accessories: Whether it's a veil, shoes, the groom's socks, or a hairpiece, accessories seem like a little thing but you will quickly find out that there are so many more to buy than you expected.
3) Tips: Everyone mentions remember to account for tips for your wedding but no matter how many reminders I got, it never seemed to hit me until the last minute. I recommend getting the cash ready for tip envelopes at least a month ahead of time so you have one less surprise expense and thing to do at the last minute.
4) Your bachelorette/bachelor party: Although you may have awesome bridesmaids and friends who pay for a lot during your bachelorette party, if you're making a weekend of it, the expense of a place to stay, transportation, and all the other little things will definitely make a dent in your wallet.
5) Outfits: This one may sound silly but when you think about it, there are a lot of occasions during the wedding planning process where you will want to wear something special. Engagement party, bridal shower, engagement pictures, rehearsal dinner, etc.
6) A hotel room for the night of or the night before: Whether you're going on your honeymoon right after the wedding or not, chances are you'll need to stay at a hotel for at least the night after the wedding if not both the night before and the night off. Keep an eye on hotel prices to make sure you get a good deal!
7) Bridal party gifts: Depending on how many people you have in your bridal party, gifts for each of them for the day of can get really pricey very fast. I recommend starting to search for gifts early in the planning process so you don't have to drop all the money at once for gifts.